Participation in Loyola Marymount University Endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan is required by all students enrolled in seven (7) or more units and all international J1/F1 students enrolled in one (1) or more units.
The premium for the Plan is automatically charged to the tuition bill, in the fall and spring semester, if enrolled in seven (7) or more units.
If you have comparable coverage and wish to waive the student health coverage under the Plan, you must submit proof of comparable coverage through the online waiver process, each semester, by the posted waiver deadlines. The accident portion is mandatory and may not be waived.
Students enrolled in fewer than seven (7) units are not automatically enrolled in the Loyola Marymount University Endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan, but have the option of enrolling in the Plan via the link below.
Enrollment or waive deadline dates for academic year 2023/2024
Fall: September 29, 2023
Spring: February 2, 2024
To waive the student health coverage, students must log in with their single sign-on credentials (same login used for PROWL and other various LMU sites). Use the steps provided below, to navigate to the health insurance waiver:
- Go to https://www.gallagherstudent.com/LMU
- Under Profile, click the Log In button
- Scroll to Plan Summary, click the Waive button
- You will need your health insurance information to complete the waiver
- Follow the instructions and provide the requested information to complete the waiver
- A reference number will be emailed upon submission, however final determination may take 24-48 hours
- Once your waiver has been submitted, check your LMU Lion email account regularly to determine the status of your waiver
To view more information regarding the insurance coverage, please visit https://www.gallagherstudent.com/LMU