Participation in Loyola Marymount University Endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan is required by all students enrolled in seven (7) or more units.
The premium for the Plan is automatically charged to the tuition bill, in the fall and spring semester, if enrolled in seven (7) or more units.
If you have comparable coverage and wish to waive the student health coverage under the Plan, you must submit proof of comparable coverage through the online waiver process, each semester, by the posted waiver deadlines. The accident portion is mandatory and may not be waived.
Students enrolled in fewer than seven (7) units are not automatically enrolled in the Loyola Marymount University Endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan, but have the option of enrolling in the Plan via the link below.
For additional information, view the Aetna Student Health Brochure 21-22 [PDF]
Enrollment or waive deadline dates for academic year 2021/2022
Fall: October 1, 2021
Spring: February 4, 2022
- Go to aetnastudenthealth.com
- Find your school by selecting Loyola Marymount University/Loyola Law School
- Click on "Enroll/Waive" on the left side of the page
- Once on this page click on "Enroll/Waive" again
- Enter the Student ID # and Date of Birth to Login
- Follow the prompts to proceed with waiver
Once your waiver has been submitted, check your LMU Lion email account regularly to determine the status of your waiver.
To view more information regarding the insurance coverage, please visit aetnastudenthealth.com.